Tuesday, March 8, 2011

yogurt lid cut outs




Here are some yogurt lid cut outs I made. I have a big collection of yogurt containers and lids and well, one thing led to another and I began making these cut outs. I've given some away and some were made with a particular person in mind but I'd like to have a show with a group of them sometime.

There is a tradition of Jewish paper cuts that I'm also referencing in this work and an amazing 8th grade student I know also inspired me with some of his cut outs...Also I can almost finish one if I get up early and start cutting before anyone else in the house is awake. It's a great way to start the day when I can manage it.

No comments:

Transforming Kehilla Comunity Synagogue Sanctuary

I hope you will come celebrate and see the completed sanctuary on March 21st. There will be a service from 10-12 followed by a reception for...