Saturday, March 29, 2008

earth hour


Tonight is earth hour. We're asked to turn off our electricity for an hour tonight from 8-9pm local time. My son's first reaction "no way. I want to watch a movie tonight" and to be honest I'm not sure I'll pull it off. It's kind of ironic because I spent years growing up without electricity. I remember when I first started spending lots of time in electrically illuminated homes it seemed like people were addicted to electricity, to the ability to be very active at night, when it should be dark and calm. Now I take my addiction to illumination for granted and only feel the hold it has on me when I'm asked to give it up...for an hour.

edit- can't get the link to work...try this www.earthhourus.org.

No comments:

Transforming Kehilla Comunity Synagogue Sanctuary

I hope you will come celebrate and see the completed sanctuary on March 21st. There will be a service from 10-12 followed by a reception for...