Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Indigenous People's Day





The above images are by Mark Brest van Kempen . You can see this one and others in person at the Green City Gallery. He has taken cityspaces and made images of what they looked like in 1701. They create a time machine effect. Answer the questiong I often ask around town what was it like "before"? When the land was unspoiled. My son is reading Ishi in two worlds for school right now. These images and that story create such longing for an imagined past...a human time of learned balance with all the other elements of nature. I dream of it, as I type these links and fling them into the ether...

No comments:

Transforming Kehilla Comunity Synagogue Sanctuary

I hope you will come celebrate and see the completed sanctuary on March 21st. There will be a service from 10-12 followed by a reception for...