Saturday, January 19, 2008

remembering my dad





This is one of the cabins my dad built back in the 70's. I didn't live in this cabin but remember a later one he build really well. It had large windows looking over a meadow and a big deck. It was a beautiful spot, something that always mattered to him. From Florence, Italy to Bellfountain, Oregon he was always one to choose a pretty spot. I'm grateful to him for teaching me the power of place. January 17th, 2004 was his 67th birthday and the last time I saw him.

Caro babbo, ti voglio bene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh that made me tear up. What a beautiful little place.

snif. hug.

leah k said...

thanks!

Transforming Kehilla Comunity Synagogue Sanctuary

I hope you will come celebrate and see the completed sanctuary on March 21st. There will be a service from 10-12 followed by a reception for...