Thursday, January 10, 2008

sketch book



I'm thinking this year about, how do I put it, noticing, noticing my creative actions. The gestures I make that make me feel alive and like I'm really seeing the world. This is often not the work I show anyone...Lynda Barry said in an interview I read that she makes art all the time and some of it she chooses to share with others. I felt so freed by that.

In my current state as artist, writer, mom, teacher etc etc my creative moments may occur during a staff meeting as this drawing of the molding and shadow on the wall of the meeting room did....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of having a "sketch book" (whatever form it may take) that is just for oneself.

Elizabeth

Transforming Kehilla Comunity Synagogue Sanctuary

I hope you will come celebrate and see the completed sanctuary on March 21st. There will be a service from 10-12 followed by a reception for...